Accountants & Bookkeeping Company in Clydebank serving Glasgow & Scotland
B-Able Business Services Ltd was established in 2008 and has since evolved to provide a wide range of Business Services to clients all over the UK. The majority of our work is from people looking for Accountants, Bookkeeping Services, Payroll Services or Tax Returns in Glasgow, Paisley, Edinburgh & across Scotland. Our growing client base of over 1,000 has been built mainly on ‘word-of-mouth’ recommendations from our existing clients, which we believe is a testament to the service we provide.
Our clients, range in size and structure and cover a wide range of industries and sectors. We assist in various parts of running their business and our aim is to ensure your business can grow and prosper without wasting valuable time on paperwork and legalities.
We aim to give you a clear picture of where your business is headed financially at any given time in a language that you can understand. Our team of skilled certified accountants & bookkeepers has one main goal, to ensure your business reaches its potential.
Have a look through some of the services we provide or our client testimonials, and if you think your business could benefit from employing B-Able Business Services Ltd to assist in any area of your business.
Stella Warren, Glasgow, 5* Facebook Review
I recently used the services of B-Able for the first time and found Emma to be very professional, efficient and highly competent dealing with my first self assessment tax return. Within 2 weeks my return was completed and lodged and I was given a folder with all my paperwork. First class service from Emma and I will most definitely highly recommend B- Able Business Services Ltd.
Top 5 tips for choosing an accountant in Glasgow & Scotland
1. Ask what financial services & advice they will provide? Consider the size of your company and the potential size it can reach, and then make sure your accountant can provide you with the services you require depending on the business’ needs and aims. Will they be able to speak to HMRC on your behalf? Are they a registered HMRC agent?
2. Ensure any accountants you consider are members of a recognised UK accountancy body like the CPAA (Certified Public Accountants Association)
3. Speak to accountants or bookkeepers before you register your business, they should advise you on which trading type is most suitable for you based on your expected earnings and will register the company for you and contact all the relevant bodies like the HMRC.
4. Decide if an accountant’s geographical location will matter to you or not? You should find out how often you will need to visit your chosen firm, can you deal with them over the phone as a virtual service for say an online e-commerce business or would it be ideal if they are local accountants near you so you can drive to meet them when required or they can visit your premises.
5. This one is really simple yet often overlooked; ask other small business owners you know if they recommend their own accountants? Most of our work comes from word of mouth and any accountants that offer a strong service should be confident with people checking their track record with existing customers.
Visit Our Clydebank Office near Glasgow
Unsure of where we are based? You can use the map here for directions to our Clydebank office from Glasgow city centre (route shown on the Google map) for anywhere else in Scotland simply type in your location for directions to our office. As you can see it's a short drive to our brand new office which has a car park right next to it, modern facilities and is ideally located next to the local Clydebank train & bus stations. Alternatively, If you would like directions from anywhere else don't hesitate to call us
We are open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Meet our team…
We have a fantastic team of female accountants and bookkeepers in our Clydebank office.
(BLOG) Accountancy Advice in Glasgow, Scotland
In the 2015 Budget, HMRC set out their commitment to transforming the tax administration by 2020, and in December 2015 the Making Tax Digital Roadmap was launched.
Have you used B-Able?
If you are currently using our services or used our services in the past, let others know how your experience went.
Do I need to complete a self-assessment?
How do I pay my National Insurance when I am self-employed?
Am I better being a Sole Trader or a Limited Company?
When is my tax return due?
6th April 2017 to 5th April 2018 – due by 31st January 2019
6th April 2018 to 5th April 2019 – due by 31st January 2020
I'm employed, am I due a tax rebate?
– Uniform, Work Clothing (PPE), Tools – Any replacement of tools or uniforms/safety wear paid by you personally, can be claimed. If you do not have receipts for this, we can claim a flat fee for the year, dependant on your occupation.
– Business Mileage – You can claim 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles in any year, and 25p per mile thereafter for any journeys made in relation to your business, excluding your daily commute to a main place of work. Should you be travelling to temporary sites (a site you work from for less than two years) then you can claim for all of these journeys also.
– Travel and Overnight Expenses – Any travel, public transport/parking, etc or expenses incurred whilst working away can all be claimed.
– Professional Fees and Subscriptions – Any legal or accountancy fees incurred due to your employment, ie. your fee to us for completing your tax return, this can all be claimed on your return also.
– Business Phone calls/data costs
– Work from Home Allowance – a Flat fee of £4 per week can be claimed for those required to work from home as part of their role in employment. If you wish to claim more than £4 per week, you need to be able to substantiate your claim with receipts.
I'm self-employed/Limited Company, should I be VAT registered?
Award Winning Glasgow Accountants For 2018?
B-Able Business Services Ltd has been nominated for the Association of Scottish Business Women awards for 2018. This is the third consecutive year we have been nominated, we would like to wish all the finalists the very best of luck and we are extremely proud to be considered, hopefully, this year we can take home the award. This year’s awards dinner is being at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, Dundee on Friday 21st September. Click here for details of all the other finalists.
Making tax digital – The Accountants Method for the Future 2018 & Onwards
In the 2015 Budget, HMRC set out their commitment to transforming the tax administration by 2020, and in December 2015 the Making Tax Digital Roadmap was launched. This guidance highlights major changes afoot for the way you report and…see B-Able Business Services Ltd Blog